Friday, January 18, 2008

Parenting Tip of the Day

It takes 19 or more teaspoons to overdose on ibuprofin (100mg in 5 ml) when you weigh 22 lbs. Good thing only 24 teaspoons come in a 4 0z bottle and half the bottle had already been used.


Just thought I'd save you all a call to poison control. (Yes, Kate.........argghhhhh....)

10 comments:

Miki said...

Oh NO!! Miss Kate! Thanks for the tip Elena. Sheeez. I hope it wasn't my fault in any way!!! Were we talking? I have my suspicions.

Anonymous said...

NO WE WERE NOT TALKING (SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY CAPS LOCK I CAN"T TURN IT OFF!) ANYWAY< NOT YOUR FAULT AT ALL> JUST MINE

Jennifer P. said...

James would totally drink the thing of Tylenol if I let him too--not that you LET Kate, I'm sure it was just in a convenient spot for her to reach--like the top of the refrigerator (in a locked box :) )!

As long as we're on the subject of poison control--apparantley it's a-o.k. if your kid sticks an ant bait in his mouth. We've called for that......twice.

Elena said...

Shoot, I should've posted the ant bait one two. We've called on that as well. :) And yep, it was up in the top cupboard with the child cap on.

lee ann said...

Oh my Goodness! That girl.

I haven't had to make that call....yet :-)

Glad everything is ok

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh boy! Glad she'll be alright!!

Natalie and Quin said...

Nat and I were discussing if we should start to think about having kids. Then we read today's blog. And, well...

Julie said...

Do you know why Toothpaste comes in small tubes? You guessed it! Kids can't get poisoned from ONE tube. Ahhh the fun things we learn as parents.

Emily Loria said...

It's okay for a child to consume a quarter of a tube of toothpaste, as long as he has a little dairy to settle his stomach. I ♥ poison control!

Crockpot Lady said...

woah! I just learned so much!! It's also apparently okay to eat a handful of Tide powder.
these kids are nuts, I tell you.
-steph