Wednesday, November 07, 2007

One of those days.

Man, today was just one of those days. It started off with a primary/church meeting which was just oh so fun. Not to mention that I had both Carter and Kate in a house that looks like a museum. Seriously, how am I supposed to concentrate with my two hoodlums running loose? We put my new Ratatouille DVD in to see if the kids would watch, but no such luck. When I went to leave, the DVD player wouldn't open and I couldn't get my DVD back. (Carter was now ready to watch the movie and mad that I couldn't bring it home.)

After the meeting, I decided to take Carter and Kate to the library. Can we say nightmare? I tried to find a good book for myself, but my library NEVER has any of the good reads in. I have grown way too accustomed to instant gratification at Barnes and Noble. Who can wait 2 weeks for a book? The whole time I was trying to find a book, Carter kept pulling books off the shelf or pushing the books backwards causing the opposite side of books to spill all over the floor. Kate kept running to the rail to look down at the fish pond 3 floors below. The railings are NOT kid safe and she kept giving me a heart attack. (I never got my book.) I finally strapped her into the stroller and she screamed at the top of her lungs. I grabbed the first 10 kids books I saw and went to check out. Where I found that I had a $12 fine!!!! YIKES!

When I got home, I had a message from the groomer reminding me of Johnny's appointment 2 hours earlier. Oops, I TOTALLY forgot. He has a stupid ear infection anyway, so he couldn't have gone even if I would have remembered, but I felt really dumb for forgetting.

Then it was off to the dentist to fill Carter's and Halle's cavities. Halle had a melt down and wouldn't let me leave her side. (She's been having anxiety attacks lately about being left alone.) So I went back with her and left Alyssa in charge of the other two in the waiting room. While I was in with Halle I heard some crying so I left to see what had happened. Kate had bitten another baby (on the head). Thankfully the mother was very understanding, but I was humiliated.

By this time it was Carter's turn. I took Kate back with me and she got into everything. So I took her back to the front and when I returned to Carter, he was all alone playing motorcycle with the over head light. Alyssa was boobing and bawling because she was sick of waiting. Can't say I blame her, we were there for TWO hours! Finally it was time to leave and my kids were starving. But no, my day was not over yet.

It was supposed to be Carter's last soccer practice, but by the time I got there he was sound asleep in the back of the truck. So I decided to skip out on soccer and hope that he doesn't remember he was supposed to go.

I am home now and exhausted and ready for bed, but Carter and Kate both took naps at 6 o'clock, so I've got another 3 or 4 hours ahead of me. Calgon take me away! :)


LouandAngela said...

Sounds like a great motherhood day! YIKES!! I'm actually trying to compile a list of the precious moments of motherhood so that I can be reminded of them when I want to pull all my hair out! Sorry it was such a rough day. Glad you survived--well, I guess you've almost survived--a couple more hours.

Unknown said...

Good grief, woman! Sounds like you need some hot cheese sticks! :)

Sounds similar to my day Monday when the school called b/c Jacob had taken a nosedive onto the floor during PE. After two long hours of crying and whining in the ER, only to be told that they didn't want to stitch the inside of his mouth b/c it would trap the bacteria... Oh yeah, did I mention Ryan's out of town all week!! Argh!!!

Lee Ann said...

Oh my goodness! That was a day. Just one of those things could have made me eat a half bag of chocolate chips, but all of them? I think I just would have locked them all in their rooms when the got home. :-)

The Manwarings said...

Ooh, these are my favorite posts. I love hearing everyone else's misery. Misery loves company, you know. I don't know anyone who can handle stress better than you, though. You take it so well.

Elise said...

I agree with Amber, you do handle stress well. It sounds like a Ben and Jerry's kind of day to me-- you're smart that you think of Calgon!

becky ward said...

WOW! I would be in a ball crying!